Grout cleaning question

I have white grout and had great results making a paste from baking soda and bleach. My friend has tan grout. She'd like to know if the bleach will lighten the grout more than it naturally was.

Reply to
Jane

If you have an old battery operated toothbrush that is so popular now, pop in a new battery and use it to clean the grout. I bought some of that Clorox bleach in a pen but didn't like the brush on the pen so used an old battery toothbrush and it worked like a charm!

Reply to
Boca Jan

I Jane,

The bleach and baking soda will lighten the tan grout lines your friend has on her floors. The one concern when using a bleach solution is after it has dried it may at times leave a white film over her tan grout. That is because the alkaline nature of bleach tends to leave some white deposits. Hence, why whites get whiter. So, if she uses this baking soda and bleach solution, I would strongly recommend, she rinse the grout at least two times with pure water.

------------------------------------- Jesus Barrios, Owner The Grout Medic of Metro denver

Grout Medic Denver