Fermi's Paradox and Technological Progress (was Re: ww3 architecture.)

Page 2 of 2

Warm Worm wrote:

Can an ant comprehend a human? Does a deer or turtle realize it is walking on a road rather than a hard section of forest floor or rock?
No.
If they could you wouldn't see them getting stepped on (ants) or slammed by cars (deers & turtles).
Similarly humans cannot comprehend that which is too advanced for their primitive intellects, nor have they developed the resources in order to do so.
If an entity is so advanced as to make interstellar transport the norm isn't it prudent to consider they have advanced in other ways?
We can only see as far as our current resources allow.
At the atomic level it is not possible for the human body to exceed lightspeed but that is exactly what is necessary to traverse the universe, so not only do propulsion methods need to advance exponentially from where they are today so do many other things. Roddenberry was on the right path with his idea of *beaming* things from A to B but even that had its limitations (distance and speed) due to Heisenberg's theory which still is not fully understood.
The human body, for example, is constantly sloughing and creating new cells all the time, (internally and externally) somewhere around 3 billion per day (estimated) but when the body is converted to a molecule count preceeding beaming how do you determine which molecules get sent and which are to stay? Not much fun getting to your destination with part of your arm or small intestine missing. I have thought of the development of this practice a lot and wondered about the many steps and sacrifices it will require to get there and quite frankly I don't think current human emotions can deal with it, so it may be a non-starter unless, as I indicated in the beginning, other things evolve similarly. But I don't see any of this happening for a very long time, perhaps hundreds of years or more. Still, humans are very primitive in most ways and very animal like.

I have little idea what it's like to see through compound eyes or move in an exoskeleton, despite the illustrations.

Not in the way we do.

I've noticed that, on some sidewalks, the ants were crossing it at the cracks/depressions.

An ant or deer can still see/sense our cars and feet, if not soon enough, so we should still be able to sense interstellar travel. Perhaps we do, or sort of, but don't recognize it as such? But then, an advanced intellect could realize that interstellar travel doesn't make much sense or make much sense to them in specific, since everything we/they need to know is right under their noses, and/or that the notion of interstellar travel is primitive by their standards...
Maybe so-called technological advancement is a bit of a myth because it doesn't really ultimately give us anything much more than we already had when we came into being as a species, and even less, far less-- to the point of slowly hacking away at or corrupting our perceptions of what really matter. That what we deem as technological advancement, for the most part, simply makes us spin in circles.

Our minds can "see" further.

God's ticketless speed limit.

We ARE animals... that may ultimately prove unable to adapt to a world unable to adapt to us. Perhaps that's "obvious".
...Unlike the ant or the deer, as supposedly lower forms as they're perceived.