Current architectural styles?

++ wrote in news:mdednVOTVNiWkB3bnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@rcn.net:

Unfortunately, this happens. Examples include the name "crapper", which IIRC started out as a person's surname, and came to identify his invention. And how many people have kept the surname "Hitler"? Like ti or not, when people do things that are either spectacularly great, or spectacularly stupid, or spectcularly screwed-up, their name tends to become associated with their action.

If Nifong had cared at all about his family name, he would have deported himself with something that at least had *some* resemblance, however distant, to propriety. Not meaning to be rude, but intending only to clarify: If he didn't care on ewhit ot tittle about the potential effects of his actions upon his family name, why the heck is the rest of the world supposed to wither into whimperiing little gelid pools of spineless goo just because you choose to get all politically correct (i.e.: hypersensitive) about something he obviously didn't himself care about?

Reply to
Kris Krieger

Uh, no, Mr. Nifong would not have had to expect ungentlemanly behavior on the part of a netizen. It IS meaning to be rude, being rude, apologetics for being rude, excuses for being rude. Yeah, it's rude.

Reply to
++

My remark was in the context of post-modern architectural context. Changing the context changes everything.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

"Michael Bulatovich" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news5.newsguy.com:

Changing what context? If you mean the "Lorem ipsum..." part, I made my comment because your presentation of its useage was not correct, which in turn made your analogy inaccurate...just trying to clarify, that's all.

As for the rest of what I said, I don't think it strays far at all from the context of 20th and 21st century architecture.

I'm admittedly not too sure what is meant by "post-modern", because, as far as I can tell, it can mean anything from design using clean lines but tastefully including some historical elements/decoration/references, to designs that look like someone covered a shoebox with glue and then dumped a box full of knick-knacks over it, to designs that look like a crushed egg-carton... So, I admittedly was not specifically addressing "post-modernism", jsut making a few comments re: my thoughts re: the "form follows function" bit...

Reply to
Kris Krieger