Current architectural styles?

Page 2 of 2

Unfortunately, this happens. Examples include the name "crapper", which IIRC started out as a person's surname, and came to identify his invention. And how many people have kept the surname "Hitler"? Like ti or not, when people do things that are either spectacularly great, or spectacularly stupid, or spectcularly screwed-up, their name tends to become associated with their action.
If Nifong had cared at all about his family name, he would have deported himself with something that at least had *some* resemblance, however distant, to propriety. Not meaning to be rude, but intending only to clarify: If he didn't care on ewhit ot tittle about the potential effects of his actions upon his family name, why the heck is the rest of the world supposed to wither into whimperiing little gelid pools of spineless goo just because you choose to get all politically correct (i.e.: hypersensitive) about something he obviously didn't himself care about?
Kris Krieger wrote:

Uh, no, Mr. Nifong would not have had to expect ungentlemanly behavior on the part of a netizen. It IS meaning to be rude, being rude, apologetics for being rude, excuses for being rude. Yeah, it's rude.

I have a number of acquaintances who have been calling the current sitting president "Twig" and similar words since before he was first elected. I find it says far more about them than it does the president.
On the other hand, using the word "nifong" derogatorily as seen here is and expanding its use to verb and adjective forms is not making fun of the name but rather is a comment on the person. And in particular, not "making fun" at all but rather making a serious political comment that needs to be spread.
"Twig" says "I have no actual complaints to make about this person and must 'attack' his name." "Nifong" says "this person has done something so notable that it needs to be marked, perhaps for all time."
I suppose that if you consider his actions laudable then you may feel that the use of his name is mere taunting. Even so, you'd have to admit that it would be making fun of him and not his name.
"Twig" is a clear try at a pun. A kind of joke. A way to make fun of the thing itself. "Nifonging" isn't much as a direct mock at the name. It's more of a gerund. A way to ... noun verbs.

Ah, good old armchair psychology. I give it as much credence as I read "Pop Psych".

In that vein... "why, what happened to you?"

Nah, they use twig, because Bush is already taken for so many, many wonderful things, LOL.
--
Edgar