Bamboo 2: Modern Bamboo Architecture

A nice document: http://bambus.rwth-aachen.de/eng/PDF-Files/Modern%20bamboo%20architecture.pdf
Seor Popcorn-Coconut wrote:

hope I'm not clicking on something in German......how big exactly is this horrible PDF file......waiting....giving up...got other things to do....decribe when it's a PDF plese
Seor Popcorn-Coconut wrote:

hope I'm not clicking on something in German......how big exactly is this horrible PDF file......waiting....giving up...got other things to do....decribe when it's a PDF plese
First of all, it's in English. secondly, 1.33 megs? Are you using one of those pedal-crank internet connections? Even so, it sounds like you could use a personal web-trainer. ; )
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

Hmmm. Went off cable over three years ago.......dialup...hmmm....could use a trainer for lots of things....where to put fios in office/home for four workstations, choose two totally new computer systems, an ABC printer cheap per page.....and lose 15 pounds

Michael Bulatovich wrote:

http://www.rwth-aachen.de/go/id/hi /
Thanks for the heads up on the file. It was nice. It's always nice to see epopleusing their creativity out there.

++ wrote:

Cripes, is that a typo, or am I going to have to look epopleusing up? ;) Cool word, though... It would be a shame to lose it to a typo...
I have to periodically resort to dialup, but AFAIR, 1.33 MB's about 1 to 2 minutes to open/download on dialup.

It took me several seconds to recognize it too. Apparently, the girst ketter is ley to sord tegognition...
Seor Popcorn-Coconut wrote:

people using keyboards too quickly and then not looking at what they have wrought

Heh, I thought that was funny, plus teranews is not propagating my posts, so I am testing. I try not to click on PDFs either...
--
Edgar

Edgar wrote:

PDF's can be a bugaboo, but a properly running/configured system should be fine with them, even on dialup-- roughly 1-2 minutes on for a 1.33 MB file. What might help sometimes is if you let it open before clicking on anything else; or download it to your system without opening it (right-mouse-button-click?) and then open it as you would most any file, as a separate process.
> ...plus teranews is not propagating my posts
Luv when that happens.

OK I take back my remarks about ++ needing a web-trainer. I wouldn't waste 2 minutes on a link in a group that has no commendation other than, "look at this." I forgot how slow dialup can be, I guess.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca
On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:37:51 -0400, Seor Popcorn-Coconut wrote:

Look, this stuff is great, I 'm named after it but fer Buddhassakes, where are you going to get a USA domestic supply, workers who can use it, architects/engineers who will OK it and, not to mention, codes?
Clumping Bamboos wrote:

It's already rated for fire, structural and flooring, wallcovering.
On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 15:24:04 -0400, ++ wrote:

Insurable for structural?