Latest threads in Architecture and Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Arch. aesthetics - ?Function versus 'frou-frou'?
Just wondering what others think about the point where structural embellishments become mere frou-frou. For example, arched windows and doorways/throughways can look very nice in a residence, but...
10
10

Re: Where's Don?
"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in news: I wish all of theose folks luck. Hopefully, donations will go to them, not just to bureaucrats... http://www.thepilotnews.com/content/view/56944/27/
5
5

Advocacy Project News
you have any problems viewing this email, visit: ***** AdvocacyNet News Bulletin 141 June 4, 2008 ***** * Contact: Ash Kosiewicz (Peru) + 51 1 4770102 Relatives Seek Justice as Peru's Largest Mass...
1
1

Re: Eiffel Tower: Formula, Patrick Weidman?
Is the Eiffel Tower a "normal dynamic building"?
2
2

Re: Pimp My Pixels
Wow, ANOTHER multi-touch screen where you can pan/zoom/rotate a box with two "mice." YAWN. Fortunately once these things get out there other people will figure out something useful to do with them....
2
2

Re: Apartment conversion
an occupancy certificate would be a good start,.....................

"...Why is symmetry so satisfying?"
In an early chapter of his interesting new book, Symmetry: A Journey Into the Patterns of Nature, Marcus du Sautoy describes a visit to the Alhambra,...
23
23

Field trip to Macchu Pichu for architecture students
Hi everybody My name is Katy, and I'm a grad student at Harvard. I'm organizing a few field trips especially for architecture students and other architecture enthusiasts. Uncover a wealth of...

Check out this Kitchen!
Hey can anyone help me out and check out my Mum's kitchen on the electrolux website. If she can get enough votes she can maybe win a remodel! Here's a link to her kitchen:...
3
3

Check out this Kitchen!
Hey can anyone help me out and check out my Mum's kitchen on the electrolux website. If she can get enough votes she can maybe win a remodel! Here's a link to her kitchen:...

Re: Plug your ride into the wall, right now!
"Don" wrote in news: Interesting widget, but the comments... THe commentor writes: "This system doesn't have regenerative braking, thus one is simply "trading the cost of gasoline for electricity....

Re: How much does an elevator cost?
How much does a hammer cost? And if it's for the Navy and they need it non-sparking? Your comment is similar. The transit elevators are a small subset with peculiar issues. The whole situation is...
1
1

"...Harmony of old and new, detail design, choice of materials and overall craftsmanship."
Any reaction to that criteria for selecting an inspiring building?: NOMINATIONS are needed for a prestigious annual awards scheme celebrating WorcesterÂ’s most inspirational building projects.
1
1

House Hunters
Occasionally I will watch the shows on HGTV. I just don't understand, why the prices seem so far out of reality...they redid an entire basement, extended a living room on the ground floor and made...
26
26

Re: "The best architecture makes you scrap your previous assumptions about a building type."
"Don" wrote in news: Well, I didn't read the article, but in looking at the subject line: "The best architecture makes you scrap your previous assumptions about a building type", and then the...