Latest threads in Architecture and Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

FA Homes by the Million Sir Hugh Casson vintage 1946
Homes by the Million,An Account of the housing methods of the USA 1940 - 1945 by Hugh Casson ARIBA,VGC, landscape format 46 pages. Excellent examination of post war housing in the US,including much...

Wood Siding Profile
I'm looking for a description of 'dutch lap' siding. I've found a description on line that specifies dutch lap as laying up shingles or slates lapping those below and also those to one side, but not a...
3
3

Interesting International Project on Acoustics in Architecture
NEW APPROACH TO AN ANCIENT SUBJECT : CAHRISMA PROJECT Zerhan Karabiber Y=C4=B1ld=C4=B1z Technical University, Faculty of Architecture, 80750, Be= siktas,=20 Istanbul, Turkey e-mail: Abstract (rest of...

Starchitect
When Eero Saarinen, the architect who designed both Dulles International Airport and the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, described the state of his profession in 1959, it sounded a lot like our own...
23
23

OT O.T. Solar "tech-head" question
Hi, All, I don't know where to ask this; also tried Google but dunno how to phrase the Q. so as to get fewer than 50,000+ hits... What i'm wondering is wherer tehre is a basic/beginner's/'how to" book...
11
11

Thought there may be those who would like a walk thru
http://vodpod.com/watch/3249-falling-water-hl2?pod=architecture
41
41

Architecture summer "camp"?
Hello all, My daughter (junior in HS) wants to be an architect---or thinks she does.... There are several universities that offer brief summer programs in architecture for high school students. Anyone...
13
13

Re: Corn prices
Hmmmm, indeed. It seems Farmer McFudget slept through his Agricultural Economics class. R
11
11

Value Added Natural Stones From India
Granite, Marble, Sandstone, Quartzite, Limestone, Slates get enhanced look by Value additions like Flaming, Antique Polishing, Bullnosing, SandBlasting, Honing, Tumbling, Callibrating etc. Contact:...

Auto-Clinic Ideal Design?!
Hi everyone, Can someone refer me please to where can I find online information about auto-clinic ideal location and design (interior, exterior)? Thanks, Mike
10
10

Ice cream on a hot day
Ice cream on a hot day

Possible Building Design
Our manufacturing facility is in an old tile manufacturing facility, originally built around the 1890's. The entire property is riddled with brick lined tunnels. We are interested in adding a free...
3
3

Re: Economic Stimulus Payment
"Don" wrote in news: HA! Well, I'm still not buying an HDTV. I just might go buy a bunch of glass (now that I've taken the class and remember how to do it) and make me a Door Lite, so I can take down...
13
13

``Architecture of the Absurd: How `Genius' Disfigured a Practical Art'' (book review)
Bloomberg delivers business and markets news, data, analysis, and video to the world, featuring stories from Businessweek and Bloomberg News on everything pertaining to politics Bloomberg delivers...
1
1

FA Architects Manual Arches Piers Buttresses masons 1899
The Principles of Construction in Arches,Piers,Buttresses etc by William Bland 1899,VGC, 138 pages. From the superb Weales Scientific & Technical Series,in remarkably good condition,a valuable...