Putting 6" slab in P.B. Should I put insulation under slab? I'm in MN.

Installing A 6" slab in A pole barn. Should I put in foam insulation under the slab? No heat in barn but at 63 Y.O. I won't be here longer than 15 years so the next owner my want to heat it. I live in east central MN.

Reply to
harleyron74

I'd say definitely. Make it a selling-point and the insulation will only help to keep it dry. I'd even throw in a few plumbing and wiring future pipes. It might double your already minimal materials costs, but the floor never has to be disturbed by anyone...everyone likes that.

- Think, kitchen and bath or just hose bib, shop sink and toilet at a minimum. I'll stop raiding your nest-egg with Radonseal it. It's one & done forever (

), just spray it on with a cheap garden pump sprayer. Nothing better and does what it says, fantastic stuff.

Reply to
Anonymous