kohler 17 lawnmower engine ohv won't start

I have a Craftsman mower with a Kohler 17 OHV engine and am having trouble getting it to start. It has been running fine and this problem just occurred. I replaced the plug and noticed that the spark appeared somewhat weak and may not be stong enough to start the engine. Fuel is fresh and I drained the carb to make sure it wasn't dirty fuel. I also used just a shot ot starting fluid without any results which makes me believe it is an ignition problem. Do I need to replace an ignition module or coil. What is the likely cause of the problem. I will appreciate any assistance on thid issue.

Reply to
Lamar Jr