Subject Author Posted Replies

Helping out SWMBO and being retired.
ADVICE FROM A RETIRED HUSBAND: It is important for men to remember that as women grow older, it becomes harder for them to maintain the same quality of housekeeping as when they were younger. When you...

I guess I'll need a much bigger table saw...
6 inch thick, 30 foot long plywood panels! Cross-laminated timber, a sort of supersize plywood, is already popular in Europe in ever-taller buildings that can be a cheaper and environmentally friendly...
2
2

9-story apartment building made of WOOD
"[UK] Among the many apartment buildings in the London borough of Hackney, the nine-story structure ... stands out, its exterior a mix of white and gray tiles rather than the usual brick. But it?s...
19
19

Cole jaw stops
Attention turners: I'm new to turning and have experienced two bowls disengage from the cole jaws attached to my Nova chuck. Neither came close to me (whew) but one almost put a ding in the ragtop...
6
6

Improved Project Gallery
Show off your skills in the Project Gallery. Made a few improvements. gab it up in the forum. stay in the Rec and don't look. http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Forum/index.phpOr...
1
1

decal on wood
Has anyone ever applied a decal to wood? Did it adhere well? What type of sealer did you cover it with to protect it from damage. Mike in Ohio
8
8

Somewhat OT: A Painting Question
I love doing electrical, plumbing, carpentry, furniture, finishing ... but I just HATE painting - probably because I'm very slow at it. I have this weird problem that I could use some Wreck Smarts on:...
10
10

Drum sander
Any of you folks built a drum sander or have plans to recommend?
9
9

OT/Public Service Announcement
A glass of wine To my friends who enjoy a glass of wine.. And those who don't and are always seen with a bottle of water in their hand. As Ben FranklIn wine there is wisdom, In beer there is freedom,...

Help with this sink thing
So I upgraded the fountain pump today at HF.. I just jumped to the 264 /gph.. It works great. Straight into clear tubing it rockets out .. But when connecting to a faucet it trickles. So the faucet is...
10
10

HF is it really all crap?
Leon, I bought aluminum bar clamps years ago mail order from HF. Like $6.99 or something. Probably 12-15 years ago. I bought the Jet brand 3 or 4 years ago. My Jets bend like crazy.. I measured the...
33
33

OT/3 Ladies and S&M
Three women friends, one in a casual relationship, one engaged to be married and one a long-time wife, met for drinks after work. The conversation eventually drifted towards how best to spice up their...

Me and my lathe
I've turned a couple of small bowls with my new (to me) lathe and it's really a kick. Both turned out OK -- not worth showing to anyone who knows anything about turning, but SWMBO was impressed....

previous rant about hoses.
Was in walmart to pick up a prescription and notice that this year all the hoses are made in the USA... My guess is there were many failures and they decided to bring them back to the U.S. Just an...
1
1

panel saw kickback
10+ years ago I made a panel cutting sled with the fence on the leading edge. I don't recall if that was inspired by New Yankee Norm, the table saw book or what. I love that sled, as it's extremely...