You Never Know Who You'll Meet At A WWing Show

Tell me more.

I like SMALL routers for hand held stuff, using a laminate trimmer for a lot of smaller edge treatment. I like the new Bosch, but the Trend plunges...

How's the plunge mechanism? The balance? View?

Thanks, Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

nospambob

Yup. "No, I won't take money for helping you, just return the favor by helping someone else out someday."

Reply to
Dave Hinz

pay it forward

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

I make the drunks I pull out of the bar ditches on occasion pick up beer cans (theirs or someone else's) rather than charge 'em...if it's muddy or snowing as it often is, they do the crawling in the mud as well... :)

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

While on my way to store, my son and I saw a lady standing on the side of the road crying. She was obviously hurting and was using a walker. She had no shoes or even a purse. I turned around to see if we could help. It seems she had been in hospital and when released had taken a bus home only to discover that her boyfriend had been arrested and landlord had locked the house up for past rent. It was friday night, she had no money and nowhere to go.

We rented her motel room with a kitchen, then we went to goodwill and bought her some clothes, then some food and medicine for her feet as they were covered with blisters from trying to walk barefoot in Arizona in the summer time. Left her with 20 dollars and phone numbers for our church as well as crisis intervention.

As we are driving away I asked my son how he felt. He said he felt sad to know that people, that they could just wake up and find that they were alone.

His last words were " Please don't tell anyone not even Mom I'm afraid it will change me"

I love my son!

Ed

Reply to
amazed

Having been involved in Habitat projects for a number of years, I can tell you that from what I've seen, being stingy with one's personal tools is quite understandable. I got to the point where I brought as few personal tools as I could, made easier since we got some funds that were used to buy tools for the organization.

The "volunteers" come in all flavors and sometimes (rarely, but it only takes one) just don't quite exercise the proper care and feeding of tools. Or, more frequently, they let their kids run rampant and next thing you know, they've gone and broken that fancy, expensive whatchamacallit, but plead ignorance.

Renata

Reply to
Renata

yeah. if someone asks you to participate in a volunteer project because you're the only one with any tools, run away. damhikt....

Reply to
bridger