Dave Balderstone

Eh? Worked fine for me.

Jason

Reply to
Jason Quick

... snip

Thanks for the link. Eloquently spoken.

Signed,

One who supplies and helps sheepdogs be successful

Mark & Juanita

Worked for me. Sure is that rare in Aust.

Reply to
John B

shill bidding

Tina

Reply to
Tina

doesn't seem *that* unreasonable to me.

Reply to
Doug Miller

When I checked the bid it was $90.99. I calculate 7.25 finished BF, so the price is $12.57 BF and that does not include shipping. That's way higher than what I could get it for in Houston at a local supplier. I know pricing varies around the country (and the world), but I would not expect Illinois to be that much out of line.

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob

What's out of line about a bid? Many items at auction bring far more than they would on the open market--that's one reason people use auctions.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

It's actually closer 10bf by typical lumber standards as this would be considered 4/4. Especially figured woods which are planed down enough to see the figure so one would expect 4/4 QSWO to be about 7/8 -13/16 but still calced for bf as if it is an inch thick.

So it's about $10 bf which is nearly twice what I pay in California but I would pay more for more than 8" wide and I supposed the bookmatch adds some too. However, in my experience, QS wood changes figure dramitically with liitle difference in depth so getting book matched pieces that are obviously bookmatched is hard to do. With my rough resawing abilities, once I plane or sand out the ridges the pieces don't match much.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 00:10:07 -0600, the blithe spirit Dave Balderstone clearly indicated:

(Jason, people pay upwards of $35/bf for claro walnut. This works out to about $10/bf. Not too terribly bad until you add shipping. Oak ain't light.)

Try

, auction # 8215485251 , Dave. A pair of

10"x5'x13/16" boards. Nice, but a bit pricy at $90.

------------------------------- Iguana: The other green meat! -------------------------------

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I would be more interested as to why the OP is posting a link that goes through a paid per click advertiser. Seems like a lot more trouble than just posting a link to eBay.

Is the pay-per-click money really that much to you?

Reply to
Chris

Not a bad price if you want to build a 20 x 60 table with a bookmatched top.,

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

News to me...I used TinyURL for the reasons below.

I think you'll see why presently. I know nothing of pay-per-click advertisers. I use TinyURL because it's easy and free. The point of the service, like others of its ilk, is to make posting and emailing links like this...

cumbersome. At 127 characters, such links tend to get truncated. The above is what I C&P into the box at
.

If you prefer, there's this:

Is the pay-per-click money really that much to you?

I think you owe me an apology, and a broader perspective on life. Even if I

*had* something to gain from using TinyURL, you're bitching about something that's...well, of absolutely no significance.

Jason

Reply to
Jason Quick

across well enough, I think. I imagine that most folks would figure out how to search eBay for the item number.

Reply to
Doug Miller

But it does take longer to find it.

Reply to
Bruce Barnett

the biggest disadvantage to tinyurl and such is that the links they generate do eventually expire, while the usenet post containing it doesn't. so the person who comes along in the sometime future can't know what it was that was being linked to.

but in the case of ebay auctions, heck, they expire too. so it 'aint no big deal to tinyurl a link to an ebay auction.

but in general, anything that will be useful to someone else later should prolly not be tinyurled.

and for most newsreaders, you can beat wordwrap by putting the link inside of a pair of . sort of like

Reply to
bridger

*had* something to gain from using TinyURL> I
Reply to
nailshooter41

but in this case the eBay link will expire too - in about 3 months. I don't know the duration of tinyurl.

Reply to
Bruce Barnett

don't be so pedantic. You know what I meant - out of line with established retail prices. That was the OP's point - someone was bidding ignorantly. But that's ebay - very much exemplifies the quote "a sucker born every minute".

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob