Workshop inventory

I would like to compile an inventory of everything in my workshop and would like to know if somebody, perhaps, has such a list on Excel or other electronic format which I could copy.

Once I started with this process I realized just how long it is going to take and is now looking for a quick solution.

Any other advice would also be appreciated.

Thanks

Anton

Reply to
Alfa

No-One

What exactly do you need that is time consuming.

Just make column headings for things like: Item Date Purchased Cost Bought from Serial number

If you want to make notations such as warranty time just make another column. I made mine in about five minutes. I also had a total for my entire purchases. Ouch!

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
DIYGUY

Ditto. I also have a column for model number for those times I've needed to order parts from the internet or by phone and didn't have immediate access to the tool.

Tool purchases do add up ...

Reply to
Swingman

What I did when I moved to my new shop was use this program called "Every thing I own". I recorded what it was the model, serial number then snapped a pic of it as well.

Took a bit of time to do but worth its weight in gold in something were to ever happen to the shop.

Reply to
Rob V

Reply to
Dave W

There were several programs I found back in the mid to late 90's that I used a lot. One was a shop inventory program. You could list all your tools, model, serial, cost. I was amazed by how much money I had in tools when I used it. I'll look around in my archives and if I find it I'll post it to the wood binaries group or a web page.

Reply to
Jody

Well I found it. It was The EasyShop Tool Journal. It's 1.6M and was shareware. The company is no longer around. The program can be found:

Jody

No kidding! I inventoried my tools a few years ago. I had over $10,000 in non-powered hand tools! Then add to it all the tailed tools! I need to get out and revise it as the collection has increased considerably. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Something that you can do quickly is take a photo inventory.

It's not as detailed or precise as a written inventory, but it's quick to do, and as thorough as you choose to make it (e.g., open cabinets and drawers to photograph their contents.)

Published e-mail address is for spam collection only. If e-mailing me, use jc631 at optonline dot net

-- jc

Reply to
John Carlson

Reply to
Keith

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:E7SId.20961$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com:

The dollar value of just my handplanes I added up the other day scared me!

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch