working with zebrawod

I picked up a piece of zebrawood and I noticed how waxy or oily the surface felt. I've never worked with it before. Did some googling and read where care should be taken when gluing and was wondering exactly what care was meant? Titebond II ok?

Reply to
mel

mel asks:

Polyurethane, i.e. Gorilla Glue, is better.

If you use a PVA glue, do a fast wipedown with acetone first.

Charlie Self "I hope our wisdom will grow with our power, and teach us, that the less we use our power the greater it will be." Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Charlie Self

Bone glue works well with zebrawood. Haven't tried hide glue yet, but there should be little diference

Reply to
Juergen Hannappel

A few years ago I was going to make my daughter a nice salad bowl from zebrawood. After a while I decided there must be a diareahic horse visiting my shop. Somehow i decided she might not appreciate the bowl, so we now use it here as a plant pot. The rest of that piece of zebra is still on the shelf. Any suggestions on non-stinky uses?

Reply to
Bob Moody

LOL

Reply to