Workbech Top Query

Looking for the voice of experience here. I'm considering covering the top of my laminated plywood workbenches with "puckboard". Puckboard is a 1/4 in thick white high-density plastic sheeting. Would there be any reason not to use plastic sheeting for (predominantly) woodworking use? Considered oil-tempered hardboard but this is incredibly difficult to find. Local supply is limited to puckboard, regular hardboard and masonite.

Reply to
Monroe

Lawrence A. Ramsey