Wood Trim Shears: are they as handy as they might seem?

Looking for recommendations on the usefulness of hand trim shears. I can't find any info on them. A flooring installer showed them to my Pop and now he wants one for cutting his quarter-round. I believe the manufacturer was QEP but I'd think there would be more. It had a small fence and stop on it that could be set at different mitre angles. He cut some pieces to show my dad how well they worked. Seems like a great idea but is it? And where can they be purchased? TIA Matt

Reply to
workinstiff

I am not sure what you are talking about. But it sounds a lot like the cutters used for making picture frames. You might want to take a look at them.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I think you're looking for these.

efgh

i think thats what the orginal poster wants BUT the best ones are branded LOWE. made in germany and have very good steel that holds an edge well. i use these daily for runnng shoe molding. i run between

400 and 800 feet a day. THEY ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY. cuts the time by 2/3. and you dont need a saw and cord set up. however they dont do so well with hardwood. like lightning on pine and poplar.

skeez

Reply to
skeez

Larry Blanchard

buying them but they were nearly useless. they would not stay sharp. I gave em to the ol lady to trim shrubs with. :-] the only brand i have been happy with [ and i have tried several brands ] were the LOWE brand i mentioned earlier. they cost nearly twice as much but last several times longer between sharpenings. JMHO. try here. they are on clearance!

skeez