What to do with a warped panel?

I am now completely done with the drop front desk I have asked about 20 questions about. It looks great except...
The drop front is about 30"x18" and fits flush in a frame when it is closed. At least it is supposed to fit flush. The panel warped a bit and one corner sticks out. It is no more than an eighth inch, but its not right. I thought about planing it down to fit, but decided it was better the way it was.
The customer didn't even notice the problem, but that is not the issue.
Should I ever be dumb enough again to try to get a large unsupported panel to be in perfect register with a flush frame, what could I do differently?
Using plywood is the obvious solution, but is there any other way prevent the problem? Maybe leave the frame a bit oversized, and plane it to fit the the panel? Naw, that can't be right. Well, any suggestion would be appreciated.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.