What's in Cleveland? or Akron?

Will be attending one of Conover Workshops classes the weekend of the 25th and 26th of this month, and will have some time to kill that Friday afternoon (the 24th). Anything worth seeing or doing, wood-working or otherwise, in the northeastern corner of Ohio?

-- Jon Endres, PE Reply To: wmengineer (at) adelphia (dot) net

Reply to
Jon Endres, PE

Well you could go fishing or the rock and roll hall of fame

Reply to
Kevin L. Bowling

I'd suggest a visit to Great Lakes Brewery

The Rock Hall is fun (
), and the museum of art (
and Cleveland Orchestra (
are both world-class.

As far a woodworking, there's a Woodcraft that you can spend some time at. ;)

Have fun!

Reply to
James R. Bayrer

Hartville Tool is worth a trip. It's in the back of Hartville True Value hardware, and has one of best selections of tools in the area, plus a fair selection of lumber in the barn out back.

Hartville is southeast of Akron, and if I'm not mistaken, so is the Conover place, so it should be close.

email me if you need more info...and let us know how you like the workshop.

Also down in that neck of the woods is the Football hall of Fame in Canton.

Paul Franklin

(remove nospam to email)

Reply to
Paul Franklin

"Jon Endres, PE" wrote

I gotta agree with Paul on the Hartville worth the trip. True Value has a real nice tool dept., but can be located under Hartville Do It Best on the web. Nice place to eat in Hartville is Hartville's Country Kitchen, good eats if you don't mind waiting in line for a little bit. Awesome deco and detail to the trim work with shops and Amish bakery. Behind the Country Kitchen they have shops that sell a little bit of everything. Flea/Farmers market but you will miss that since it's just Mondays/Thursdays/Saturdays. Real nice place.

In Akron, the Quaker Silo Hotel is worth a stop, just to see what they have done with old Quaker Oats silos.

. Practically next door is the National Inventors Hall Of Fame, though I was expecting a bit more for how pumped up it is.

Up the road from Akron is Cuyahoga Valley National Park, not a lot to do there except kick back and walk or bike by the river, peaceful place that is being over run by the deer population.

Depending how much time you have, but is opposite direction than going towards Cleveland. Surgarcreek, largest population of Amish in the World. Nice furniture makers down in that area, the area takes you back in time with all the buggies running around. Good eats down that way no matter where you stop.

Cleveland has the Science Center, RockHall of Fame, a real nice zoo, and nightlife down in the flats.

Enjoy your stay!

Reply to
John's Here