What is it? Set 302

1723: A Champagne stopper for an opened bottle.

pavane

Reply to
pavane

Yes! I'd be happy to take a look at what you have and possibly include it on the web site.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

This is correct, although it was marked "scabbard".

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

1723 Wine Cork foil striper 1724 Bicycle wheel truing 1725 some cind of movable holder 1726 Lader scafold shelf 1727 Javolin tip??? 1728 mini deck canon???
Reply to
Stephen B.

1723) Given the separate dished end, I think that this is intended to hold a pushbutton and snap into a panel or a holder to make for a nice big button area. (Perhaps it goes into a cylindrical holder to make a pendant button for emergency stops or the like -- though I would expect the button surface to be red for that. 1724) This one looks as though it is intended to mount a telescope between the larger screws (which allow it to pivot around the center of the screws), and to be fine adjusted for lateral setting using the two smaller screws.

The flat plate on arms could be to store other eyepieces, or to project something like the image of a solar eclipse, to protect the eyes from direct viewing.

1725) This one is clear -- it is a holder for internal combustion engines (from automobiles mostly) to hold them and allow them to be rotated while work is being performed on them.

There should be a hydraulic engine hoist somewhere near, too.

1726) This looks as though it is designed to fit on two consecutive round runged ladder rungs, and hinge out to provide a place to hang a paint bucket by the bail. 1727) This looks like the scabbard for an early design of rifle bayonet. 1728) This looks like perhaps a 1 pound cannon (weight of the lead cannonball which fits it). I think that it was for mounting on a sailing craft for protection against pirates and such -- but not for actual military use. And the base does not look right for field use on land.

Now to see what others have suggested.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

1725 looks like an engine stand of some sort.

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.

1728 is a cannon of some sort. Possibly ceremonial (i.e. the kind of thing a yacht club would use to fire a salute when hoisting colors).

Not sure about 1723, but it's clear that the three prongs with the bumps are meant to fit into (or onto) some kind of tube. The grey round part is some sort of bearing (like a partial ball-and-socket joint). My first thought was an artificial knee replacement joint, but it doesn't look like any I found pictures of. What's the material? Is it plastic?

1724 is obviously a sex toy.
Reply to
Roy Smith

Dooh! I had a vague idea about 1726, but wasn't sure. I was sort of on the right track, but wrong. I was thinking a bracket to mount an antenna on a sloped roof. Then, I just went out into the back yard to see what the guys who are painting my house were up to, and what did I see, but several

1726's in action! I'll keep quiet, so as not to spoil it for other people.
Reply to
Roy Smith