Wall Frames for a Bedroom

I am looking to install decorative wall frames in my bedroom. I don't quite understand the concept on how to do this. Two of the walls are pretty equal in length and I plan on putting 3 frames at 36" wide X 24" high with 12" spacing between the frames. The other 2 walls have doors and windows. How do you go about figuring out the size of the frame for these walls? Is it important to maintain the spacing between the frames used on the other walls or can you vary this along with the frame size. I want it all to look like it is balanced. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerry

Reply to
jerry

Get some of that blue masking tape. Put it up on the walls where your frames are going to go. Adjust until you like it, then measure and build the frames.

-j

Hi Jerry,

I have done this several times (dining room, hallway). If you look carefully at professional installations, you will notice that nothing is exactly symmetrical. The room with windows, doors, wall size etc will dictate the symmetry.

What I did IIRC is to have an exact height (of course), but an approximate width. Measure each wall and have an exact distance from each corner (say 4-6 inches), then measure how many panels of your "ideal width" will fit.

Then, start shrinking each panel width on each wall until you get an even spacing on that wall. It is hard (for an observer/critic) to discern differences of inches from wall to wall (if you keep them reasonable).

Panels under windows look best if they are approximately the window width, but offset under the window frame. For double windows, use two panels (unless they are very small).

It is more of an artistic thing than a woodworking thing. This is not science.

Also, you will want to offset all wall frames around any outlets or vents.

I used a square & pencil to draw on the wall, but the blue tape idea is a good one.

HTH!

Lou

PS: Pa> I am looking to install decorative wall frames in my bedroom. I don't

Reply to
loutent