Trembleur

Help, sometime between 1984 and today I remember reading an article in a magazine or a book on making trembleurs complete with plans for string steady rests. However after going through all my magazines and books, I can't locate it. Google wasn't any help either. Does anybody here remember it, and where it was. It is not the one in Vol. 17 no. 4 of American Woodturner.

TIA

Dan

Reply to
Dan Kozar

used duckduckgo and was able to find some videos that show the turnin process. easy enough to figure it out from the view of the steady rests. They did not look special. Simple and well done.

- Jeff

Reply to
woodchucker

Thanks Jeff, I have seen several videos, but the article is haunting me. I know that I have it, but I don't know where it is.

Reply to
Dan Kozar

Mike and others,

I should have said that I am aware of the stuff on the internet. But that I am looking for the EXACT article. It's like misplacing a tool, you know you have it, but you can't find it. That is what I meant when I said that google wasn't any help. Thanks for all the good suggestions.

Reply to
Dan Kozar

Dan Kozar wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@pool-141-149-186-146.bos.east.verizon.net :

That happens to me a lot. As a consequence, there's a lot of things, like tin snips, that I have 2 of, neither of which I can find when I want them.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

That is because you don't have 4 tin snips.

I keep 6 tape measures and oddly all of them measure the same.

Anyway I often can't find one and just as often find all 6 in one place. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

sometimes i get lucky on archive.org other than that you would have to track down the publisher reference librarians can help also just call a good library

Reply to
Electric Comet

You need to turn on your air conditioning, and put on your shop apron. Put pencil, tape, goggles, square calculator, and notepad in apron, spend your time looking for misplaced tin snips, drivers and other miscellaneous things that immediately get lost when set down "somewhere". This will serve you well, particularly as you age.

Reply to
Jack

;~) Can't remember where I laid my apron.

Reply to
Leon

You left it in the kitchen.

Reply to
krw

This is VERY irritating, no? ; ) I occasionally call in my wife to help me locate items that are "lost, but in plain sight". She has a batting average of about 75%! I guess it's to her advantage that she doesn't have preconceived notions about where anything "ought" to be.

Reply to
Bill

Bill wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news4.newsguy.com:

I have a theory that scientists have discovered invisibility fields but haven't figured out how to aim them. Want to aim a light? Bounce it off something reflective... but how do you bounce a light off that's invisible? (That's assuming invisibility fields act like light.)

So, the long story is, when you're looking right at something and can't find it there may be an invisibility field in operation.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I'll be sending you a bill for royalties - I patented that technique many years ago :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

LOL, You don't know how ridiculous that sounds, uh Swingma?

Good come back Jack. :~)

Reply to
Leon

Exactly. I know where it should be and if it is not there it is lost.

Reply to
Leon

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Yes, and it is also unsafe to move items to a new place it "should" be. I have 225 drawers 55 full size drawers, 170 small parts drawers, and

17 cabinet doors to hide stuff that I have accumulated over 40 years, that is not hanging on peg board. A While back I moved 2 planes that I seldom use to a different drawer, and it took me a week to re-locate them. They were where they should be, just not where they had been for 40 years...
Reply to
Jack

Wow that is a lot of drawers!

I have 51 not counting those little plastic screw and nut assortment bins.

I do have have 24 steel drawer small parts bins included in the 51 above which will hold about 2000 screws each.

The balance range from just under full size to over full size. Oh I did not count the red upper and lower tool chest, that probably has 20 or so drawers.

Mine are in 6 locations so there is some difference which makes identification of what goes where a bit easier.

Reply to
Leon

at least you found them

i gave up once looking for some parts i knew i had

it is sometimes quicker just to go buy new ones eventually they will show up

Reply to
Electric Comet

I have 55 drawers, only 4 more than you, not counting the 170 small parts drawers. The 225 number includes the 170 small parts drawers. I have one more case to build that will have 4 or 5 drawers, or possibly 2 drawers and a 2 door cabinet. I really have enough drawers, something I never thought I'd say, considering all the stuff I have accumulated. I could use some more wall space though...

So you have more drawers than me, if you count the 24 steel parts bins:-)

I've learned over the years to have a spot for everything, and pretty much keep it in it's spot. Makes cleaning up easier, and when the wife or kids "borrow" something, I spot it immediately. If what they need is in a drawer, they generally have to ask me or search for hours to find it.

Reply to
Jack