THIS TO THAT (GLUE ADVICE)

Or, should that be advise? Seems a lot of people lately don't know what glue to use. Save the bloody damn link, and you won't have that problem. And, as a last resort, there's always duct tape.

JOAT You only need two tools: WD-40, and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Reply to
J T

Seen that site before, I think it's merely an ad site for a specific maker if I remember correctly. Funny thing however, they don't happen to mention MAPLE SYRUP!!!!

Reply to
AAvK

Hint: 3M 77 pops up more often than any other recommendation. :-)

Reply to
Dhakala

| I didn't see anything there about using brads until the glue | dries... must not be a dorker site..

There's just *got* to be a Star Wars pun in there somewhere...

Morris Dovey

I didn't see anything there about using brads until the glue dries... must not be a dorker site..

Mac

mac davis

Sun, Jan 29, 2006, 7:29pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@notquite.net (AAvK) doth sayeth: Seen that site before, I think it's merely an ad site for a specific maker if I remember correctly. Funny thing however, they don't happen to mention MAPLE SYRUP!!!!

If, as you claim, it is an ad site for a specific maker, the obvious reason they don't mention maple syrup would probably be because they don't "make" maple syrup. Simple logic.

Tell you what. If you doubt my word that maple syrup could be used on maple, try this. Get some strips of maple, as in the bench you talked about. Use maple syrup to "glue" them, and then bolt them together. Then check back in here in 20 years or so, and report on how well they have held together. That should make an and to the controversy once and for all.