The Popes casket.

Which means they moved in togeher eight years after Terri's demise.

Depending on State law, that might not get him off the hook financially. I don't know one way or the other.

Or maybe the Schindlers are. Maybe all of them or none.

Reply to
fredfighter

Well, science progress. Must be a terrible fact to many, but it still remains true.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon
*snip*

Ok...this seems a PERFECT moment to introduce a theory that has been cranking around in my head (and I DO mean "crank" *smile*. Since I enjoy starting conspiracy theory rumors, I want to suggest that there was a psychic link between Ms Shiavo and Pope John Paul. *I* think that had the doctors embarked on a more intensive regime of feeding and therapy, while Ms Shiavo might not have recovered, it would have rejuvinated Pope John Paul... So...by that logic, the folks who decided to let her die... killed the Pope.

It was pretty amazing to me how the thread drifted from a fairly on topic discussion of materials and techniques used in building the Pope's coffin, and, how that can apply to our daily lives to an argument over the tired tragedy of a body being shut off finally in Florida. I did appreciate ONE of the OT posts, though, earlier, that pointed out that Michael DID spend several years trying very hard to get therapy for Terri. It was only after this failed that he seemed to accept the inevitable and move on. There have been very few discussions that have brought up this point, and, I think it is an important one. I DO think it was a shame that so many groups used this tragedy to push their own agenda's...but that seems to be human nature.

Haw! no we won't... (and that TOO is human nature).

Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

Yeahbut WE have Tonya Harding.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

So, have anymore of her 'movies' been floating around? Talk about a curiosity.

Reply to
Upscale

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 06:17:51 GMT, the inscrutable snipped-for-privacy@esper.com (Dave Mundt) spake:

--snip--

To the faithful, if God had wanted either to live longer, he would have saved them with a miracle, oui? May Laura and the Pope RIP.

Ditto. The worst tragedy is that Terry didn't have a living will or durable power of attorney for health care which potentially would have saved her 15 years of Hell. See your state for Advance Directives for Health Care, the newest trend. I need to go get that tattoo, too. "DNR"

Amen. (And I mean that in a most non-religious way.)

---------------------------------- VIRTUE...is its own punishment

Website Applications ==================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 23:44:04 -0700, the inscrutable Fly-by-Night CC spake:

And that falsely-arrested-as-a-terrorist Poatland attorney. And we got Mormons. Lots of 'em. And...

---------------------------------- VIRTUE...is its own punishment

Website Applications ==================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Curiosity? Ack! Not something I'd want to see. She's just a bit to "rode hard and put up wet." I had forgotten about that episode in her illustrious journey.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

He was on a feeding tube as was Schiavo. Schiavo wasn't on any other life support, and her organs weren't failing. IOW, she wasn't dying.

Reply to
Larry Bud

According to reports JPII was on a nasal tube. That is only a temporary measure because they are uncomfortable and irritating compared to a PEG. I would presume that Ms Shiavo had a PEG (stomach tube). An esaphogastonmy tube would be inserted when needed and withdrawn when not, but as previously noted esaphogastomies are now rare, replaced by the PEG.

Reply to
fredfighter

Ceramic glazes had lead in 'em, that's for sure, and they stored in glazed amphorae. Wine being acid - well, could be.

is a fairly reasoned analysis.

Germans adulterated their whites with ethylene glycol to sweeten them, too. Nothing's too weird for an oenophile.

I'm more inclined to think that entitlements of Roman Citizens and their addiction to _them_ were more to blame for the decline of the leisure classes.

Reply to
George

Conan The Librarian wrote in news:d3geht$bo65$ snipped-for-privacy@news.swt.edu:

Spiffy frame there, Chuck. Is there any evidence that it works?

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Thanks. It was fun to make (in an odd highly-stressful sort of way). :-)

Er ... not yet. :-) Haven't had a chance to do much fishing recently, but that will be remedied soon. SWMBO and I are heading to Sedona next week, so I'll get to flyfish Oak Creek a bit. Then in June I'm off to North Carolina to flyfish for wild trout in and around the Smokies.

I'll try to remember to get some pics of it in action. :-)

Chuck Vance

Reply to
Conan The Librarian