Table saw pulley problem

It is possible that the pulley may be made of diecast metal (many were on Sears saws) and is wollerd (SP) out. Hence each time it is used it moves about and loosens the set screw. I believe I'd try to locate a cast iron or machined steel pulley and see if this doesn't correct the problem.

Don Dando

Reply to
Don Dando

Hey Don - a question... why do you change the subject line on these threads? Are you aware that when you do that you start a new thread and the continuity of the thread is lost? That makes the archive process about useless for anyone who may ever try to follow this in the future. You'd be doing everyone a favor if you stuck to the conventions built into your newsreader and simply replied to the thread.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

He probably is following the conventions, for the "New Post (or Message)" button.

FWIW, this is why I last ~ 10 minutes on web forums. As much information as Woodcentral's forums probably have, I lose interest when half of the replies change subject.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Here's one that possibly originated during the great depression: A woller for a dollar.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

You are wasting you time trying to get a response out of him.

Reply to
Leon

It's redneck for "wallowed", meaning moved around aimlessly. Could probaby be wallered or wallered. The ship wallowed sickenly in the swell when it lost power. The hogs wallowed (this is a good place for wollered) around in the pen and made a big mudhole. Wth quill on the drillpress was bad, so the bit wallowed out an oversized hole. Wilson

Reply to
Wilson