Solid Surface supplier ?

Now, what point do you think you're making here? Are you suggesting that something being compared to "conventional epoxies" implies that it is an "unconventional epoxy"? Or are you agreeing that it's not an epoxy? Or what?

Because it's not an epoxy any way you cut it. gives a brief rundown on the chemical structure of epoxies. Compare that with for methyl methacrylate.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Says you!

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

It's not the seam kits that are some great dark secret but what people will do with them if they could get them and that's pretty much make and install Corian improperly thus causing DuPont more headaches than they really care to deal with. As it's set up they can control quality by making sure everyone who uses it has been properly trained.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

So you're saying that your statement was of no real relevance? Silly me, and I thought that you had a point of some kind to make.

Reply to
J. Clarke

...endlessly...

You do it your way.

Let us know how you make out.

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Is there an echo in here?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Epoxy is not a generic term for 2 part glues.

Reply to
bridger

....snip.....

wow. J. Clarke sure knows how to put his foot in it, eh?

Reply to
bridger

JCIAFT - disappeared from my reader shortly after he first showed up and kicked that freshly swept pile of sawdust all over the place.

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Just trying to see what it is I said to sent you into such a sphincter puckering tail spin.

Care to comment on which of the words it is that set you off?

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Can you spell "S o c k p u p p e t "? Who's not getting his share of attention?

Reply to
Greg Millen

Now, now Tom. The weekend at the shore was supposed to relax and calm you. Here you come back and let Mr. Apr. 1st get you all fired up again. Good idea - - go inside, get a cold one, or 2, or 3, take some of JOAT's dried frog pills and settle back down. Maybe even warp your legs into the "lotus" position(if your knees will take it) and get into your mantra - "ooommmmmmmmmmm". If the yoga & mantra won't work, then just say "the hell with it" and sprawl out in the recliner!

We had a great time down in the Amish country. Ate too much, bought too much, ate too much, spent too much time in the outlet malls, ate too much. Did I mention we ate too much? This was her(our?) annual bash. Mother's Day, her birthday, and our anniversary all fall in a 3-4 week period, so she gets one major "outing" to cover all three. Fri. was our 44th anniversary. Kay even found a special T-shirt for the wRECk in a "Big Dog" store, picture forthcoming on abpw in a couple days. She even managed to score a quilt from me, which shall remain un-priced in public, and we came back by way of Williamsport, hoping "big green" would be open, as the quid pro quo for the quilt is a new G0555, but they were closed. Oh well, another week or two and I make a Saturday run!

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Yeah, but you will call a groove a dado.

Just don't tell the Mexican Corian installer that's not "epoxy" he's mixing ... he'll laugh your ass off the job site.

Reply to
Swingman

I see nothing in the two links you provided that support your very incorrect assertion that MMA is an epoxy. There is little similarity between MMA and epoxy.

RB

Reply to
RB

And if you buy that you probably believe that there is no coincidence between the patents on R-12 running out and the "discovery" that it contributed to "global warming." We just finished Memorial Day weekend and lit fires all three nights because it was CCCCold. Global warming???

RB

Reply to
RB

Use frickin granite. Sealing it is trivial.

Reply to
p_j

Get your plots straight--CFCs contribute to ozone depletion, not global warming.

Is all capitalist plot Natasha. Keel moose and squir-rel.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Mind you don't drop it on your OH!

Reply to
J. Clarke

I agree ... you do "see nothing".

It could be that you either didn't read, or that you jumped so quickly to correct, like some of the other "technically correct" around here, that you failed to understand/grasp what was said: That "epoxy" is a term commonly used for the two part adhesives/fillers used by those installing solid surface countertops, whether these mixtures be technically "epoxy" or not ... you even witness a licensed Corian installer make the EXACT same reference in a previous post ... which proves my original point, whether you agree or not.

Now, I used to think that "Political Correctness" was a pox on the cultural landscape, but damn if it doesn't pale in comparison with the petty "Technical Correctness" gleefully wielded hereabouts at every opportunity as one-upmanship.

Reply to
Swingman

If you think that "Technical correctness" is mere one-upsmanship, one these days reality is going to bite you in the ass bigtime. With any luck you'll survive the experience with your limbs intact.

Reply to
J. Clarke