Slightly OT - Cleaning Finished Oak Baseboard & Cabinet Bases

We have been in our house for 6 years and some of the laquer-finished trim needs attention. These are areas where scrubbing of adjacent oak or vinyl floors has dulled or even removed some of the finish,and it needs to be touched up. We also have a cabinet base that need some attention. 95% of our wood finish still looks great but 5% needs to be touched up.

I have test-repaired a few areas by lightly buffing with fine steel wool or

400 grit sandpaper; and wiping on poly. This approach lets me clean up dulled finish but not get into the stain. The result looks great and matches.

QUESTION: These cabinets and base areas have been cleaned exclusively with Murphy's oil soap or Minwax wood floor cleaner. What is the best cleaner that will easily remove residue of such cleaners?

Trying to keep it as simple as practical and still get a good result. Thanks in advance.

RonB

Reply to
RonB