shop ventilation

read a very sad story of monoxide poisoning and a couple died along with their pet cats

they had a 3d printer and a laser cutter in their apartment

now it got me thinking about co generators in the shop

are there any activities typical of a wood shop that can generate co

i keep my shop well ventilated but once in a while i work without fans and everything closed

but as far as i know none of the work i do generates co

Reply to
Electric Comet

Ed Pawlowski

I was thinking of Electric Comet. If he stops breathing he won't die of CO poisoning... right?

Reply to
woodchucker

No, he won't and as far as I know, the prefix for complementary functions in mathematics is not harmful to humans, so any co in his workshop shouldn't bother him.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

not worried about that in my shop but have read stories of people using outdoor heaters indoors or in tents even

Reply to
Electric Comet

FWIG, it wasn't CO.

If you burn edges that much, it's time to set up your saw better.

Reply to
krw

After a period.

Reply to
krw

Don't believe everything you read online. 3D printers do NOT produce CO. The most common filament is PLA, which is made from corn - no hyfrocarbons anywhere in its chain. The next most common filament is ABS, which doesn't smell that great when hot but it's not a source of significant CO.

The laser cutter doesn't produce CO itself, but you do need to know what the materials you cut are made from. Same kind of intelligent caution that requires a mask, long sleeves and gloves when cutting pressure treated wood.

Whoosh!

Reply to
DerbyDad03

are you contradicting your self or do i misunderstand

or are you talking semantics

bullets kill people not guns

simpler just to stay well ventilated and not risk death

i cut pressure treated mud sill in tshirt and shorts and no gloves or mask

have never worn gloves while using the skilsaw

Reply to
Electric Comet