Sharpeninh hollow chisel mortise chisels

Yes the cone is great but as indicated by Tom, you absolutely want to polish the 4 outer cutting surfaces on the chisel. It cuts faster and with about

70% less effort to plunge the bit and chisel. Do this immediately. I remember the foot operated one in school. ;~) AAMOF I thought I should have gotten one until I discovered polishing the chisel.
Reply to
Leon

Swingman has one!

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

When I was looking for a chisel and bit mortising machine it came down to the PM 719A and the General International 75-075. Went with the General becuase it had a tilting head and the fence could be rotated to 30 degrees. I wish the General had the quick release for the hold down/hold in.

One of these "cone" sharpeners has a cylindrical "finger" on the end of the cone to align it to the inside of the chisel - avoiding the chance of tilting and sharpening asymetricly. Not really a big deal but . . .

Yes - the LV cones (two, one for bigger chisels and one for smaller ones) Work fine. It's the OUTSIDE of the chisel that can make cutting - and extracting - the chisel harder. POLISH - don't grind the outside faces.

Reply to
charlieb