securing plexiglass to wood

thinking that some nylon washers would be best but they are not clear

maybe there is a better way to attach plexiglass to wood

the plexiglass only has to span a couple of inches

maybe i will just cut slots and slide it in and close off the ends with a strip of wood screwed from the back

or do like a small picture frame

decisions decisions

it is a sock dispenser not inspired by this but similar in that it hangs vertically and the socks are stacked one pair on top of another

will have three sides wood and the face will be plexi

you have to know when they are getting low and of course it keeps all the socks in rotation

Reply to
Electric Comet

6' of clear tubing for all your wardrobe needs.

Use the 4" OD for your socks, 6" for your undershorts and 10" for your T-Shirts.

One bolt each through the top and bottom to secure it to your backer board.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Electric Comet wrote in news:nmj5c8$6p7$1 @dont-email.me:

So it's a square (or rectangular) section box?

If I were doing it I'd either groove the sides and leave them proud of the plexiglass, or I'd put the plexiglass overlapping the sides and hold it down with a row of little brass screws.

If you want to get fancy in an old-school craftsmanship sort of way, use slotted screws and start them carefully so all the slots are aligned when they're tight.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

Sock dispenser? (blink-blink). Didn't see that one coming.

Reply to
Casper

but made with three sides wood and the front side plexiglass

going to do a slot and just slide the plexiglass in but i need to make sure it cannot pop out if the socks are stuffed in

a work in progress

came across a site where they stored different colored tee shirts this way

apparently some keep all their foldable clothes this way vertically

no dresser

Reply to
Electric Comet

The obvious solution is that the thicker the material, the less flex it will have.

A 1/2" thick sheet of acrylic isn't going to flex under the pressure of some socks.

I'm not saying you need to go to 1/2", but you sure aren't limited to the

1/8" sheets from a home center.
Reply to
DerbyDad03