Sears Lathe Question

In another post where you described your lathe as having tubes for the bed. Emerson Electric supplied Sears with some wood lathes using a single tube (monotube) for the bed, whereas AMT (American Machine & Tool) supplied some lathes with a bed using two tubes (1-1/4=94 dia). Here=92s a picture of an AMT lathe:

it=92s similar to yours. Sears had many suppliers:
AMT had a prefix =93149=94 in its model number, but I had no luck searching for

149.28955. There are more experts on the OWWM website and they might help you better if you post pictures there.
Reply to
guillemd

Hi Folks,.

The AMT lathe is the one! The picture is exactly like the one I have. According to

it is an AMT Lathe Model 273. I have emailed the company from where the picture came from to see if they have an electronic manual they could share.

Thanks very much for the help.

Sheldon

equipment:

Maybe it?s similar to yours. Sears had many suppliers:

Reply to
me

My son has a model 228160 that *appears* (according to the picture of the AMT lathe at owwm.com) to be the same lathe. He has the owners manual for his lathe. If you don't have any luck finding a source, I can make a copy of this manual and send it to you.

Max

Reply to
Max

I just checked Sears "parts" and found this:

Max

Sorry, I just discovered that this lathe was manufactured by Emerson.

Max

Is this the one you have or close to it. I have the same one I bought about

25 years , I would say it's a good for a hobbyist Mine has been apart for about 5 years. I believe there still made under deferent names . What kind of question do have, I also have the owners manual.

Sac Dave