Sandpaper and something to get you off your Off topic rants.

Honestly a troll once you engage them will do just about anything to keep you playing they're game.

Reply to
Markem

Show us your woodworking posts, George Watson (incarnation)

-------

Reply to
Josepi

They are **ALL** under your name. Show me the posts you posted under a different name.

Easy proof. Stupid reas> Another sock puppet of the troll responds to keep the troll going.

I'd like to see your proof that I've ever posted under any name but my own. On second thought, don't bother - I won't see it.

Reply to
Josepi

I think this is crazy. But I'd rather have someone known as the fool explain his condition.

Your fre>Since you guys seem rather lacking a real woodworking topic,

. seems as though your criteria fit with my ethic:->

This is one for "riddle me" types, maybe.. but let's give it a shot?

Sometime ago I was bequeathed what did appear as an unfinished project. Labeled by a plywood tag - twitched to the work with a piece of baling twine - was the inscription "CHESS TABLE".

The structure is coffee table height, of Black Walnut material (a rather valuable rainforest timber) and completely finished to sand and oil stage. With it were two sticks of timber some

2' in length, one of Red Cedar and the other (I am told) Baltic Pine - or possibly Milky Pine (if local timber). The surface or the tabletop consisted of a random configuration of vacant inlays - isosceles triangles of 3", circles of 3" in diameter and 9²" squares. All to a depth of 7/16". Now (today) the project remains as it is was delivered. Only because - as said on my knocking again on the door of - I do my best work in metals. Timber, particularly using precious materials and no "leeway", does not offer the "weld and grind" escape route metals do offer in precision work. Despite the efforts of 3m®, Bear® and Selleys®, products in boasting "fix anything" timber cannot be made to "grow to fit" - on the job. So once I worked out how to proceed the project was wrapped once again an' placed in storage, with a warm smile in recognising the 'wit' of my benefactor. A "smart-arse" ol' "bushie" of yesteryear... having a last laugh.

The question is. What form factor were the two sticks supplied as material for inlay fill. round [ ] square [ ] rectangular [ ] something else [ ] ? ? ? A clue? The answer came to me whilst "babysitting" my

3yr old GD, an avid Sesame Street fan. Positively interesting are the messages in Sesame Street productions.. for Big Peoples :-) george

Puzzles me. Fails you.

Pat

Reply to
SawDust

Indeed.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

[...]

--------------------------

Great! Now you have made him morph into another incarnation!

mike

Reply to
m II

I see you want to start a conversation about the Bush administration and its relationship to sandpaper. As you recall, Bush was in a league, the American League, as managing partner of the Texas Rangers baseball team. Sandpaper, as you may also know, is stricktly prohibited in baseball (unscrupulous pitchers sometimes used a bit of sandpaper to rough up the ball, making difficult throws easier).

Monitoring sandpaper usage gave Dubya a unique perspective and honed skills that would become useful later in his presidency. For example, detecting WMDs even though they were well hidden.

LOL!

Reply to
Tom B

At least the US political posts, full of US self-importance, are very similar to sandpaper, in the way 40 grit would be so abrasive to the rest of the world trying to participate in a woodworking group.

Nothing new here.

Monitoring sandpaper usage gave Dubya a unique perspective and honed skills that would become useful later in his presidency. For example, detecting WMDs even though they were well hidden.

LOL!

Reply to
m II

In the US we're free to ignore speech that irritates us. You don't have such freedoms in Canuckistan? Most of us are even smart enough to know how to use a killfile.

Indeed. The whining continues.

Most of us are also smart enough to post properly and trim posts...

Reply to
krw

You didn't, we do, you don't, you did, and you didn't.

Best of luck with those.

Indeed. The whining continues.

Most of us are also smart enough to post properly and trim posts...

Reply to
m II

You need to change that "most" to "a few".

Reply to
CW