Router technique for difficult edge

I am trying to finish up my first major furniture project (a tv stand), and want to ask for your expert advice. I need to route what I guess you would call the dust skirt of this project. At any rate, it's the bottom piece of molding just above the feet.

I've picked a profile for this edge based on some sheraton furniture I've seen in a book. It doesn't match any standard router bit, and I can't figure out how to route it short of buying a custom profile. I am sure it can be done with standard bits, but I'm not sure how. the profile kind of looks like two bullnoses on top of each other, but offset so that the lower one is wider or further out.

A drawing of the profile I'm looking for can be found in this article on my blog:

closest thing I can guess is to use a router table, make one pass with the fence right over the bit to do the bottom part, and then lower the bit height and move the fence out a little to do the top part.

If any of you have ideas, a reply to this post or a comment on the blog article would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
scarysharp

You can make that edge by stacking two 3/8" thick pieces that have had the bullnose profile milled on them.

Reply to
Chuck Taylor

You answered your question with the picture:

You need to "build up" the molding using three seperate but easy molding to make. That pretty easy based on what your drawing show.

snipped-for-privacy@hell>

Reply to
Pat Barber

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but the piece is already designed, cut, and glued up. The design of this piece calls for milling this edge on a solid 3/4" piece, so building up with 2 thinner pieces is not an option.

Other ideas?

Reply to
scarysharp