Roller Stands - What's the Best?

If your nym is accurate you can improve your lot by buying some 1 1/2 or

2" PVC pipe, cutting same to length desired and filling ends with a circular plywood plug. You can even bush the latter with pieces of 1/4" copper pipe (which would require using 1/4" axels). Still gotta make a stand, not hard.

Why buy when you can make quickly for peanuts?

-- dadiOH ____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

Short for pseudonym.

Reply to
Upscale

Wow! Darned near a hundred bucks for a roller stand?? These were less than $10 on sale and work well. The only complaint is the bracket that attaches the roller to the stand has only one screw and allows the roller to tip slightly. a spot of weld cured it for me. Greg

Greg O

I have a Record roller stand. I like the way it adjusts easily, it's fairy heavy, and it stores flat against the wall. Maybe not the best, but it does the job. I got it on a closeout sale at the BORG for $25.

Reply to
Phisherman

Being on a limited budget, I purchased the $4 rollers from Harbor Freight and put them on home made stands. I most often use them when ripping full sheets of plywood, admittedly not a common occurrence in my tiny shop. But I find that the "steering" can easily be used to advantage, just angle the rollers so that the plywood or whatever tends to go where you want it to. In my case, slightly angling the stands so the natural tendency of the plywood is to move towards the fence can be helpful when ripping full sheets.

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman