Ridgid R2600 stopped working - Need some help

While I have had good sanding experiences with the R2600, Anyone have trouble with using the dust collection port attached to a shop vacuum? I have now had 2 of the R2600's die when I plugged in my shop vac into the dust collection port. It seems like the suction caused enough resistance on the motor that it "burned" out. I got the first one replaced under the 90 day return policy and I didn't try the vacuum attached mode again until this weekend and guess what... it happened again. This time I can't just take it back to the store but must either

go through the warranty service or order the parts and do it myself. I took it all a part (pretty simple machine actually!) and could find no obvious mechanical problems. So the only electronics are a PC board associated with the switch or the armature itself. Both are about $25 parts from Ridgidparts. I'd rather order 1 and not both to find out I only need one. My best guess is that something blew on the PC board but it could be perhaps a short in the armature windings maybe? Can anyone tell me what the resistance of the armature should be in one

that isn't broken? I meaured mine to be about 4 Ohms on adjacent armature contacts and about 8 ohms on contacts on opposite sides of the

armature. I'd appreciate any info! Thanks in advance!

-DB

Reply to
dustybasemt

DUDE! That is some really complex shit you're laying on use here.

I know *I* can't process this soberly.

hang on, let me read your question again....

okay......I'm back...

This is a lifetime warranty thing. GBTYFS One time only: Go Back To Your F. Store

I have a few Ridgid things. So far, so good.

Reply to
Robatoy

I had one of those die as well......just stopped working one day. I thought it was the switch. However, I replaced it and put the new switch and PC board into the old one it still did not work.

Reply to
Joe Bemier

Robatoy, I'd like to say thanks for you "useful" advice. I am glad your Ridgid stuff has been "so far so good". However, if you run into trouble with any of it, I suggest you read through the archives of this group for people's experiences with Ridgid service. After 90 days, the store will not take back or service this sander. It has to go to a authorized service center. And from what I gather from this board, service is spotty and can take a long time. Since this machine is very simple on the inside, ordering a part and doing it myself is likely faster and possibly cheaper if you include shipping/ or driving costs to get it to the service center. So please save your sarcasm for someone else.

-DB.

Robatoy wrote:

Reply to
dustybasemt

Joe, Do you still have the two sanders? Or at least a working one? Would you measure the resistance across the armature of the working one for me? If you just use a ohmeter and measure by touching the brushes it reads about 8-10 Ohms on mine.

Thanks if you get a chance.

-DB

Joe Bemier wrote:

Reply to