Resurection of B&D sawcat

I have a 20 year old sawcat, commercial grade circular saw, that has been one heck of a worker. Great power, light and maneuverable, electric brake, tough as nails. I have framed up several buildings with it, dropped it off roofs, etc. with only cords needing to be replaced... until now.

It has been idle since I used it 3 years ago and the metal bracket for the depth adjustment busted leaving me with no depth control. Bummer.

I know zip about metal repair and tried a "liquid metal" product to no avail.

Is something this small a candidate for a welding repair? Or is there another alternative?

I took it in to the local Black and Decker factory shop and the guy just laughed.

I have another circular saw but I hate to put this one down.

Any ideas for saving it would be appreciated.

RonT

Reply to
Ron Truitt

You could try these guys: