Repairing Veneer

I have an old piece of furniture I would like to restore. I need to know if there is a way to repair the veneer. It has a few places where there are strips of it missing. They are about an half inch wide and about 3 to 4 inches long. I plane on removing the old finish and restaining with a dark colored finish. Thanks

Reply to
skirkham

Yes there are. Several ways actually. As a matter of fact I've got about a half a dozen books describing various methods.

Try Restoration Recipes by Bain Smith & Julia De Bierre for starters.

Reply to
Mike G