Removing paper pattern

I have a pattern that I put on a piece of birch with Elmer's washable school glue, I know I should have used my spray can of 3M spray adhesive. But I can't get the can unclogged (someone know how?) and needed the patern cut right away. Sooooo, how do I remove the paper now?

snipped-for-privacy@clearwire.net

Reply to
skiparope46

A scraper.

RicodJour

skiparope46 wrote in news:9d3ddcf6-88ff-42b1- snipped-for-privacy@v35g2000pro.googlegroups.com:

If the tip is clogged, then all you have to do is steal a tip from another can. You can then let the original sit in thinner for a while and try to clean it with a pin. Most spray cans are designed to clear out the tip when you turn them upside down.

You might be able to purchase a set of tips at a hardware store...

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Sand it off.

Reply to
Nova

Hair dryer, then cabinet scraper.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

was heard to mutter:

  1. Scrape and/or sand.
  2. Clean the tip or swap one from another can.

Btw .. On some woods 3M can leave a sticky residue. I used it on a project that, after removing the paper and sanding, I had to let it sit for several days. When I returned to the it, a sticky residue had surfaced and I had to re-sand it completely again.

`Casper

Reply to
Casper

He might try some hot water to loosen the glue up enough to remove it.

Upscale

Ummm...same way as veneer tape? Dampen and rub/scrape off.

dadiOH

Reply to
dadiOH

If it's white glue (PVA adhesive?) then hot water, or hot water/ vinegar mix, will soften it quickly, and it can be scraped or scrubbed off.

Sandpaper will finish the job after all is dry (but would clog if you just sandpapered).

Reply to
whit3rd

No answer to specific question; however, two (2) thoughts come to mind.

1) Patience is a virtue. 2) Next time, use rubber cement.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett