Recommendations for laminate cutting tablesaw blade

Does Forrest Woodworker II cut Melamine without chipping too?! I see Forrest sells its own laminate blade, but its $145 at Amazon.. Seems like that much is overkill for the hobbyist woodworker making an occasional shelf/table top/shop or tool fixture. If Woodoworker II does that well also.. Maybe it is the great all purpose modern day woodworker elixir..

Reply to
Jim Hall

I have had good results with a sharp Forrest WWII however IIRC that blade does not do well in that type cutting in magazine tests.

Reply to
Leon

After you screw an entire sheet or two of melamine, you will understand why most of the blade guys sell a laminate blade.

Most any blade can cut laminate but most any blade will leave "many" tiny chips on the edges of the cut.

This will ruin your day and your material.

Laminate requires a high tooth count blade.

Freud sells an excellent 96 tooth blade for this purpose. (around $100)

Does Forrest Woodworker II cut Melamine without chipping too?! I see

Reply to
Pat Barber