Re: Stop Arthritis

Help stop Arthritis by supporting The Arthritis Foundation:

Reported to snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com
Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 19:16:52 GMT, the inscrutable "Bob Schmall" spake:

Hey, Schmally! I noticed a definite decrease (oh, 95% or better) when I went on that Candida Diet thang. It turns out that most of my arthritis and muscle pains are entirely food-allergy-related. My knee didn't hurt a bit while I was away from the guilty foods. I now save $30-50/mo by not buying arthritis drugs.

See if your library has a copy of Dr. Crook's "Candida Cookbook". I lost 20 lbs that month and felt better (+ had more energy) than I had in years. I'm gearing up to do it again this coming week.

LJ--who tried gluc, gluc/chon, g/c/msm for years and found no relief.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Bob Schmall responds:

Do it fast enough, especially with a pre-load of Demerol or oxy-contin, and it will was all your troubles away--forever.

Couple, three years ago, I was in the hospital with pancreatitis...you do not want this, I assure you. Anyway, they were giving me a choice, Demerol or morphine. Great stuff for great pain. You may still hurt, but you no longer give a shit.

To sweeten things a bit, you might try aspartame tablets. Equal. Weirdly enough, the pills tend to reduce inflammation, thus the pain from inflammation.

Charlie Self "I think we agree, the past is over." George W. Bush

Reply to
Charlie Self

Hey Jakey! Whatcha gonna do with the money? See Robatoy for the Single Malt Diet?

Reply to
Bob Schmall
[schnipperectomy]

Just kidding. I don't drink like I thought I could...way back when...

I might have a snort of brandy with my 84-year-old dad, and then it's a race who snores first. Lately I don't have any alcohol because Doc has precribed Naprosin. He did that when the Vioxx hit the fan. I only took Vioxx for a few weeks...did nuttin'. Naprosin works great for my OA, but alcohol will burn a hole in your stomach when taking Naprosin. Skip taking food by accident and Naprosin will hurt like crazy. Now, with the cortosone shot, I hope to drop the Naprosin so I can have

40 oz of booze and take that rifle away from whoever just shot me...
Reply to
Robatoy

I went on a two-week crash diet.

So far, I have lost 6 days.

Reply to
Robatoy

My late mother didn't take food with her meds (Naprosin was among them, IIRC) and did exactly that. She was in the hospital and they had to close the ulcer in her stomach so she could die comfortably of emphysema. Sheesh.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 01:08:08 GMT, the inscrutable "Bob Schmall" spake:

Collect more tools and WW books, what else?

Pass. Remember that I'm an EX-drunk. No moa dat fo me.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I take aspirin for my arthritis and leave it at that.

Reply to
jaime

FYI, Jeff.. A neg air device is used in asbestos removal and mold remediation. It vents the air outside, via a hose. I plan on modifying that concept by installing a fan and charcoal filter under the changing area and venting it outside via a typical dryer hose setup. And, yes, there will be either slats or holes cut into the changing table to accomodate the fan's movement of air to the outside....

Geez.... gotta explain everything....

Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

Some people just do not get it the first 10 times, eh? :-)

************************************** I'm *not* a bad person. I simply made the mistake of getting involved with a *jack*ss*. Is it ironic that he lives on a farm? **************************************
Reply to
jaime

LOL ... let's hope you don't end up sucking out the baby with the changing fumes. :)

Reply to
Swingman

Hmmmm... Two speed fan? :)

Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

Well, see, here's the thing. I understood the concept totally. Put an air purifier and a fan, vent it outside, blah blah blah, all that I got. What I was noting was that if you fan around the smell of shit, what you will end up with is a dispersed smell of shit, not a "missing" smell of shit, in other words, the fan will move the air around such that it will smell somewhat in a much larger area, rather that smelling a lot in a small area. Not a good thing.

Plus which, are you insane??? It is my understanding that baby shit is basically like friggin ghostbuster slime, and putting "slats" in the changing table will only serve to ensure that you will never sop up the entire mess, given that half of it will be under the changing table holes. Babies are disgusting like that.

;)

Reply to
Jeff Goslin

I think it would be an interesting experiment. First thing I wonder about, though, is what is the point of the filter? It's going outside, right? Who cares if it stinks outside on the side of the house? A quick breeze and its gone.

The second thing is that I think I would line the outside edge of the table with the vents rather than try slats. You can use more vacuum safely that way, and it should set up a nice airflow to pull all the smell into the vents. It would be something like this:

(Good Air Up Here) |

--- | --- | | | |^ ^| | | -------------- |

--------| |------- | | | \|/ (Bad Smell Goes Here)

That way your airflow from above would be trapped at the edges, leaving the inside to flow down to the basin. The air at the basin would be drawn to the sides, where it is vacuumed too. (I love the smell of ASCII art in the morning.)

Reply to
Phelps

Your message is still coming into alt.sport.bowling. I think you intend it just for the woodworking group, right? Dar

Reply to
Darby

OK. I was thinking about a lift up and flop over changing table on the end of the crib, but I'll ask my DIL if she'd like a drawer under the mattress, too.

Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

The filter would help with any "droppings". Why carbon? I don't know... They are easy to get?

OK, that idea could be easily incorporated into the plan. As long as the odor doesn't approach the nose, everything else is immaterial.

Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

Ummmmm.... No... you don't understand the concept. The fan would be set up to pull air into the hose that exits outside, not vice-versa...

Now you have a point. Phelps has a good solution.

Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

This is going to go down in the archives as one of the all time classic wRec threads!!

ROTFLMAO!! ... "droppings"? Sounds more like a bird cage than a changing table..

How long has it been since you've changed a diaper? It's been about 18 years for me, but I don't recall anything that could remotely be referred to as "droppings" ... more like "spillage". :)

Reply to
Swingman