RE: A Link

Some of you may find this of interest, It's a link to cover what's been keeping me busy.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Sun, Jun 17, 2007, 6:58am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (Lew=A0Hodgett) puts down his grog and says: Some of you may find this of interest, It's a link to cover what's been keeping me busy. Not bad Lew. Roberts has some nice deigns. Don't forget to make a few dnghys, they should store easily upside-down on deck, or even tow one. You should get a salute cannon too, for some class. And a 'marine' pump shotgun.. My own aspirations don't go over about 25 feet, and steam power. Where do you plan on going, and when?

JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there?

- General George S. Patton

Reply to
J T

Cool! What are the sides of the hull made of? They sort of look like a huge burled walnut block.

As for you being busy, I thought you were off to rescue the Cutty Sark.

**
**

B A R R Y

That's an amazing story. Sounds like this boat is your "Sistene chapel".

I'm curious as to why you are looking for a successor?

Mitch

Reply to
MB

Ketches are my # 1 favourite rig. Makes sense and looks fabulous.

That is one huge hull, Lew.

A friend of mine and I are taking his 35 out next week and *it* is huge.

You're going to need a crew (will work for spray and scotch)

Reply to
Robatoy

Sun, Jun 17, 2007, 6:06am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (MB) doth query: I'm curious as to why you are looking for a successor?

Because now he's going piratng. LOL

JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there?

- General George S. Patton

Reply to
J T

Damn... I should have read the rest of your info on your site....damn....

Reply to
Robatoy

It will keep you out of bars and away from wild women.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Hell of a project, Lew! I'm not sure if you've posted about the boat before, but it's a monumental project and is going to be one sweet boat when she's done. I can see how you'd have to be careful picking someone to finish the project. Worst thing in the world would be to have someone take it on and screw it up.

Ten years ago I would have been very interested. My brother ran a yacht refinishing business in Florida for about fifteen years, and we've both been mucking about with boats are entire lives. The two of us could have done it. Now...he's living four hundred miles from the ocean and I'm not up to the task on my own. I could do the work, but I doubt I'd have any money or any life outside of the boat. You need an obsessive visionary, or some super-rich dude where money is no object, to finish your boat the way she deserves.

I really liked the sandblasting garnet and epoxy wear strip on the keel. I pity the errant whale that gets tagged by that puppy! Would you post a plan and section? I'd love to see the layout you've worked up.

Best of luck finding your successor!

RicodJour

Thank you.

I idea was to build a hull that would suggest to a whale that there were better opportunities.

I'd love to see the layout you've worked > up.

Don't have one, the the word descriptions covered by "The TOUR" link.

Thank you.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Great looking hull Lew.

I've sailed for 37 years and have owned three sailboats in partnerships. Unfortunately, my partners lost interest or got too old, so, I'm on my own now, looking for the boat that fits my current interests and needs (smaller, shallow draft gunkholer).

Would love to be able to take on a project like yours, however, not sure I would have the resources to do it. A decision like that could have a pending bankruptcy and divorce in the future.

Hope you manage to find a way to get it finished.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher