PC 8529 for spinning Panel bits in a table?

is the Porter Cable 8529 2HP plunge more than enough for spinning a large raised panel bit in a a table application. I was planning on getting either a Triton 3HP or the PC 7518 3HP, but considering the great deal on these at HD for $100, I picked up two and am wondering if that is sufficient?

thanks in advance

hda

Reply to
A.I.

It doesn't have variable speed, does it? That will be more

-- Jim in NC of a problem.

Reply to
Morgans

I wouldn't.

Remember those large bits are usually limited to about 8,000 RPM.

Where does that leave your 8529?

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Reply to
A.I.

Absolutely NOT more than enough. Can you use it for that purpose? Yes, a time or two with multiple passes until the desired cut is reached. If you plan on wearing that bit out, get a bigger router.

How often would you want to pull a 30' travel trailer behind a Chevy S-10 PU vs. a full sized and equipped PU.

Reply to
Leon

Jesada recommends 12,000 for a bit up to 3-1/2" in diameter, 16,000 up to

2-1/2", 18,000 up to 2", and 24,000 for 1" and smaller.
Reply to
Leon

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 03:41:05 GMT, "Leon" Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

snip

friends don't let friends drive bow ties *G*

Traves

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock