Pathetic wood lust moment...

Ah but what about sackbuts, crumbhorns, cornetts, and serpents?

Reply to
Philip Lewis

Steven and Gail Peterson

Fri, Feb 11, 2005, 12:02am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert=A0Bonomi) says: an 8-year-old's "drum set".

Damn straight. Disassemble it, along with the person who gave it.

JOAT Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.

- David Fasold

Reply to
J T

Fri, Feb 11, 2005, 10:31am snipped-for-privacy@users.sourceforge.net (Silvan) laments: If I could afford them, I'd *own* a set of bagpipes.

Afford? I posted plans long ago. Make your own. I intend to, whenever I finish my banjo. Ah, bluegrass bagpipes.

JOAT Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.

- David Fasold

Reply to
J T

Fri, Feb 11, 2005, 3:58pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net (Dave=A0Hinz) says: I mean, really, do you ever hear someone say "Wow, could you please play that banjo even louder", or "come closer with those bagpipes please"?

I happen to like both good bagpipe, and banjo, music. I did say "good". You have to put it in the proper perspective. You can always walk away from the bagpipe or banjo. But, consider the times you've been in traffic, windows up, and one of those ricer boys has his "sound system" turned up and that's all you can hear. Or, who parks, and walks away, with his noise maker still on.

JOAT Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.

- David Fasold

Reply to
J T

Got this from a banjo player-- When can you tell when a banjo has perfect pitch?

When it doesn't hit the sides of the dumpster

More banjo jokes anyone?

Reply to
Phil at small (vs at large)

Well that depends on the 8 year old. My kid has been wailing out amazing rhythms since about that age. He's 12 now.

an 8-year-old's "drum set".

Damn straight. Disassemble it, along with the person who gave it.

JOAT Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.

- David Fasold

Reply to
wch

Virginia.

Reply to
Silvan

And here I though you and I were in the same state ...

... the state of confusion!

my mistake.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

A "stomach Steinway" ??

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 17:53:18 -0800, the inscrutable "wch" spake:

No, give it back to the person who gave it as a gift, but leave it in one piece. Remember to stick it "where the sun don't shine." They WON'T do that again.

-- Vidi, Vici, Veni ---

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I happen to like both good bagpipe, and banjo, music. I did say "good". You have to put it in the proper perspective. You can always walk away from the bagpipe or banjo. But, consider the times you've been in traffic, windows up, and one of those ricer boys has his "sound system" turned up and that's all you can hear. Or, who parks, and walks away, with his noise maker still on.

JOAT Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.

- David Fasold

Reply to
Steven and Gail Peterson

True musical instruments! :-)

[I actually do like ancient music] +--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety Army General Richard Cody +--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Reply to
Mark & Juanita

I *think* it was Elton John who compared the sound of a banjo to that of a pair of tin cans and a string rolling down a flight of stairs.

Reply to
Silvan

I've looked at making a set, but it's very fiddly.

Reply to
Silvan

Heh. Actually, I've been doing folk music for a couple of decades. Never did the accordian thing, but I'm guilty of most of the others.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz