panel saw kickback

10+ years ago I made a panel cutting sled with the fence on the leading edge. I don't recall if that was inspired by New Yankee Norm, the table saw book or what. I love that sled, as it's extremely accurate at squaring large panels and has served me well over the years. Last night I was cutting 3/4" ply shelves for a large (garage) cabinet. Twice it kicked back the panel into my left thumb - OUCH!! Never did that before. Scarred up the panels pretty good too. Looks like I need to make a new sled with the fence on the trailing edge. If I were more experienced at the time, I'd have probably known better.

John S.

Reply to
John Shear