OT: XM in the shop

My wife gave me an XM radio and subscription for Christmas. I tell her regularly that it is one of the best gifts ever. I use the "boombox" in the shop and listen to it for hours without getting tired of it. It is much more relaxing and makes my time out there more pleasant. If a channel gets a little too over the top for my taste I just switch to another one, and no advertising on any of them. They play a lot of music I never heard before, and a lot of old tunes that I haven't heard in years. Monday I was off for President's Day and listened to a show that Tom Petty hosts where he plays his favorite stuff - all good.

It's made listening to radio fun again, as I used to get annoyed with the inane banter from the DJ's on regular radio, and the advertising. Not anymore.

..Usual disclaimer.. no affiliation with XM etc. Just happy customer.

--Cheers!

Reply to
Dukester

Amen, brother!

I have a Roady plugged into the Aux input of the shop stereo. Even the shop I buy my wood from is now XM equipped.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Reply to
John

That's surprising.

I thought stolen sat radios get blacklisted like cell phones.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

B a r r y wrote in news:Dt3Td.11538$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com:

That it was a sat radio might not have become clear until after the rock was applied.

Reply to
Patriarch

Possibly. Years ago, a friend had his in-dash cd player stolen. The thief broke the radio during the removal process, so he threw it through the backlight of the car. 8^(

The local pawn shops and fences won't accept sat radio gear, and the cops I deal with tell me most thieves actually know this by now.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

If you like background music XM is definitely the way to go. Worth the money if you have it playing all the time.

Me, I don't like the distraction.

--RC

Reply to
Rick Cook
3 words.

XM Comedy 150!

XM Rules!!!!!

Reply to
Rob V

Most people don't realize that with Digital cable they also get commercial and DJ free music. Not as many channels as XM, but you get between 30-40. LOVE IT>

Reply to
Larry Bud

Same with DirecTV.

XM's music sound quality is better than both DirecTV and my local digital CATV provider. Also, you'll need to have another TV decoder in the shop, along with the resulting extra outlet fee.

If the shop is already TV equipped, all is well, but I really don't want a TV in the shop. If I wasn't married, I wouldn't have cable or satellite TV service at all!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Just remember that it's unedited.

DAMHIKT

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

I have XM in both my Chevrolet truck and my wives Trailblazer. When I'm not listining to a book on CD I listen to it often. Cinemagic 27 is great for long drives but I am anxious to hear all of the MLB games. Access to various news services is a welcome change.

Buy it now from your local GM dealer! A shamless plug and I am affiliated with GM.

Dave

TeamCasa

I would if they sold Toyota Tacomas!

At least GM gets their cut of my XM bill.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

How un-american! - Wait the Toyota Tacoma is manufactured by the New United Motor Manufacturing company in Fremont, California, a long term joint venture between Toyota and General Motors.

Ah - All is well!

Dave

TeamCasa

RIGHT!

Even the Subaru it's replacing was built in Indiana, and has some GM DNA in it.

Now go tell your bosses to put XM in factory Toyota stereos!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y