OT. Nail guns

Yeah, a bit OT, but some excellent help here in the past.

Who makes the better framing guns? Seems like a lot of rebuilt PC's on the market, wonder why?

Now that I'm half way around the world, just can't run down to the local tool shop....will have to order & have it shipped.

Thanks

Reply to
Rick Samuel

We see a lot of Hitachi and Senco on the job sites here.

cm

CM

I have the Hitachi (RH) and Paslode (CH). Senco has been around a long time as well.

Here are the secrets:

  1. Availability of quality fasteners that match the nailer.
  2. Availability of parts
  3. Keeping the nailer dry, clean, warm and lubricated
  4. Run the right air pressure

Here's are some reasons you see a lot of rebuilt PC's:

  1. They are less expensive
  2. Parts are readily available
  3. They are abused by framing crews

- NOT lubricated

- Used as hammers

- Tossed into the back of a pickup or a toolbox

- Treated like hammers

- Dropped into dirt and sand

This also happens to other brands as well. It's not unusual for a fram>Yeah, a bit OT, but some excellent help here in the past.

Reply to
Tom Kendrick

Also:

They are sold in lots of home centers, in full kits, where they get returned after a weekend of use.

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

The carpenter that helped me frame my garage was partial to Bostitch.

todd

Reply to
todd

I've replaced 3 drive pins on my 2 year old Bostitch. I have a DeWalt about the same age and it hasn't missed a day. YMMV.

Max

Reply to
Max

Thanks! What the pros use will work for me.

Reply to
Rick Samuel

I believe you will find as one person had posted that the best gun is the one where a local supply of quality nails and parts are available. My son has a Hilti, works great, but when I built my shop using it for the large (3

1/2" nails) I had to order off the internet as no one within 40 miles stocked the nails, uses same nails as Spotnail guns. I used my Senco for the light framing / decking (2 5/8" max) - it also worked great and the nails were available at the local borgs. Spotnails and Hilti are highly recommended and used by the pro's - just not in Central Indiana. I think you will do well with Senco, PC, Spotnails, Bostich, or Hilti - if nails and parts are locally available. Many of the new guns are oil-less. Doubt they last as long as an oil type properly oiled but probably last several times longer than an oil type that is not oiled and maintained properly.
Reply to
Larry Clinton

Reply to
Tom Kendrick