Opinions: Lumber Lok Tri-Vise

Has anybody tried this product? It's $20 at my local Lowes.

Looks like you just stick your board into the appropriate slot, put a foot on it, and cut.

I handled one at Lowes and it seems sturdy enough.

Might be awkward to hold a speed square on the board while trying to stand on it though.

DerbyDad03

Looks like a cool little tool that would work great. Most framers aren't using a square to make cuts. Square the front of the saw base to the board and keep it square. When I'm on a roll, I can keep it within a degree. Add a pencil line and... well sheesh, who can't keep a blade on a pencil line?

The seasoned framers hold the board with one hand and cut with the other and keep it dead on.... or at least dead enough for framing.

Reply to
-MIKE-

old real fast.

Reply to
Leon

have done some cuts on 2xlumber with it. It's useful enough that it stays at the front of the hanging tools.

John

Reply to
news

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 23:29:15 -0600, Leon

Could be. I suspect that it would be pretty handy when it comes to making successive repetitive cuts.

Reply to
Dave

If you had your hand on the board to hold the speed square, you wouldn't need your foot on it, too.

It looks handy, but would probably scar both faces of the board you put in it. In landscape/construction framing, that's not a problem.

-- I have the consolation of having added nothing to my private fortune during my public service, and of retiring with hands clean as they are empty. -- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Count Diodati, 1807

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I guess that would depend on how much you were cutting off.

With no foot holding the board down behind the device, pressure in front of the device could cause the cutting end board to move downward.

Obviously with a long heavy board and a short cutoff, this might not be a issue.

I watched a few videos, including an australian version (TimerLok) and all cuts appear to be freehand i.e. no use of a speed square.

etter to Count Diodati, 1807

Reply to
DerbyDad03