MM16 or laguna LT16HD in CT?

Anyone in CT have either of the two saws that they would be willing to let me look at? I won't touch I promise-I will however bring donuts or any other refreshments of your liking. Thanks Keith

Reply to
keith

I'm not near you, but I have the MiniMax 16. I think it is tremendous. Here are the pros and cons.

Laguna: You have to consider pnly the HD, as it is the closest rival. The fit and finish, and the fence are better. The table tilts better. The ceramic guides are better for the blade (unless they are too close, then they will abrade the steel band)

MiniMax: heavier, that arm is a heavier piece of steel, so it can handle the increased tension of a carbide blade (Lenox recommends 30,000 psi,no problem for the MM). The MM's motor does not run as hot; also MM's customer service is far superior.

The Laguna is a great saw, and you would not regret it. I just think the MiniMax is better. If you were looking at both, then bring the same blade, and do a large resaw job with both. Check th equality of the cut, and also feel the motor. There are some teports that th eLaguna will bog down. Frankly, that I don't buy.

The MiniMax dust collection is better, and the lower guide is right beneath the table, a better place for it.

Reply to
DarylRos