Methods for acheiving RCH accuracy in joinery?

H stands for hair. Not a consistent measurement.

Reply to
Leon

Guess everyone probably has it figured by now but just in case try

. BTW clicking on "Show pudenda on a map" won't take you to a map :) :) :) :)

Reply to
Mike in Arkansas

Doug:

I'm nominating you to be our next Secretary of State! You definitely belong in the Diplomatic Corp - so adeptly avoiding the Polictally Incorrect "C" word.

Well done - SIR.

charlie b

Reply to
charlieb

Did a lot of research did you? Did you publish the results? I'd really enjoy studying your sampling technique. Have you had your paper go through peer review?

charlie b

Reply to
charlieb

Now we need a dictionary to find out what one of the words referenced to explain an acronym is? This is getting funnier and funnier!

After a day at a slow woodworking show I really did need a thread like this one. Four out loud laughs so far - and I'm only half way through the postings. This is great!

charlie b

BTW the H in question is not limited to the location you provided

- especially in France I'm guessing ; )

Reply to
charlieb

Ed:

You're taking this thing WAY TOO SERIOUSLY.

I know you think in machinist terms - I vividly recall the "interaction" between you and Strickland - but lighten up a little and you'll get at least a smile out of where this thread has gone - probably the intent of the original poster.

When was the last time you saw the word "pudenda" in a woodworking - or even a machinist - forum?

charlie b

ps - I really like my TS-Aligner Jr. Deluxe. Great set up tool - at a reasonable price and very high quality. It, along with a good 3' straight edge, a set of feeler gauges, a mallet and some special jigs made it POSSIBLE to tune my Robland X-31. Wasn't easy by any means, but possible - with your TS-Aligner's help. Thanks - again.

Reply to
charlieb

You'd be _surprised_ -- if not 'startled' -- at the data available under the heading of "forensic science'.

He uses only the traditional/classical methodologies -- no power equipment/ tools/automation whatsoever.

Some things _are_, quite simply better, when done by hand. (thoroughly documented in an 'automation' newsgroup, when somebody transposed the last letters of the first word in their request for a design for a "bar code reader")

Rumor has it that -he- was the one doing the peering.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Excellent Idea Tim.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Hi Charlie,

Sorry if it seems like I'm out of step with where the thread has gone, but you have to understand that none of that had happened when I replied. I was commenting on what "Phil-In-Mich" said (a somewhat misguided treatise on Edward Demming and the "futility" of accuracy in woodworking). At the time, his was the only response to Bill's post. I have no problem with how the thread has evolved. I almost suggested that Tim do a Google search on "RCH" but that would have spoiled the fun.

Thanks for the good words. Glad to hear from yet another happy customer!

Ed Bennett snipped-for-privacy@ts-aligner.com

Submit your work to the Gallery:

Ed Bennett