Mechanics toolchest for woodshop ?

Try:

Reply to
Kevin

You might check out Harbor Freight.

I use an old steelcase check cabinet that works well for tools. Got it for $10 when my wife's company was updating their office.

RonT

Reply to
Ron Truitt

I'm with ya there. I have a collection of old 2 and 4 drawer Steelcase or equivalent filing cabinets scattered around the basement and the shop. The have loads of room, and can really take a beating. One holds the hammer drill, jigsaw, circular saw, another one has all the fasteners, a drawer here for electrical boxes and wiring stuff, one there for shopvad hoses and attachments... Keeps stuff dust-free and easy to find. I have an el-cheapo mechanic's tool box which I find perfect for drill bits, measuring and marking do-dads, and planes and chisels that I want to keep protected.

Reply to
bob

Reply to
Rob Mills

Wed, Oct 26, 2005, 3:45pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.net (Folklore) asketh: Can anyone recommend a good mechanics tool chest (roller base & upper) that can tolerate being in an often dusty woodshop?

Nope. I figure a mechanics tool chest is for mechanics tools. For woodworking, I'd make a wood tool chest, it ain't rocket science. I doubit I'd use slides in it either.

JOAT If it ain't broke, don't lend it.

- Red Green

Reply to
J T