Maple vs Birch

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:LPpUd.9140$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com:

I'm sorry folks. I _really_ didn't mean to start an electrical thread.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

You must be talking about s4s all right... I checked Century Mill on 4/4 and 6/4 Maple vs birch - very close in price.

So assuming an 8 ft board

6* 5.05 = 30.30 6* 6.89 = 41.34

Birch 6/4 5.05 a bd ft Hard Maple 6.89 a bd ft.

with a bandsaw to use -- know what I would do -- buy maple or 8 ft of birch -- depends on how nice the wood is I guess. :-)

I like them both. :-)

Reply to
Will

Thanks for clearing that up, and sorry for my mistaken assumption -- but I still think you're better off with Baltic birch ply than with solid wood of either species. :-)

Doug Miller

MDF doesn't grow on trees, you know.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi