Little Cherry Clock done *pic*

Dear All,

Here is the little cherry Shaker style clock I have been working on now finished.

clock is 27" tall, 10" wide and 5" deep.

I fumed the clock with 26% blueprint ammonia for 36 hours then finished with three coats of 1:1:2:2, BLO:Tung:Turps:Poly, flooded on, left 20 mins and wiped off.

Thanks,

David.

David F. Eisan

Outstanding David. Thanks for sharing.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Missed the original again. Stupid news server. Anyway, David, that came out looking so good that I think I might just toss in the towel and start making stuff out of construction paper and glue sticks from now on. :)

Reply to
Silvan

"David F. Eisan" wrote in :

David:

Real nice, the fuming & finish really made the difference.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry McCaffrey

"David F. Eisan" wrote in

That reminds me of the sacrilegious woodworker who once introduced his tool to me. He said "Here is Jesus, my awl."

Lookin' good! You got a good flash angle for the wood and the normal cherry blotches hardly show up. Cherry is hard to photograph well. Are those little hinges less pronounced in non-flashbulb lighting? Have you ever used the little brass knife hinges? I picked some up from LVT but haven't used 'em yet.

Ya just had to spoil it, didn't ya? (Hush, Phil.)

-- SAVE THE PARROTS! Eschew the use of poly! ----------

Poly-free Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Deer Leary,

Damnit Jim, I am a ww'er, not a photographer!

The picture still shows some wild colour variations between the rails and stiles that simply are not here in person. No, The hinges do not stand out that much in person. I have a LVT about 2 minutes from where I work, and I looked at all the hinges in person and picked these. These are solid brass heavy plate hinges, they seemed appropriate for this clock.

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ

David F. Eisan

Hmmm... On the one hand, you suck. OTOH, you pretty much must live in the great desolate frost bucket to the north, so maybe that's not a price worth paying in order to have a handy neighborhood LVT. :)

Still a nice looking clock though. All except for not being made out of walnut anyway. :)

Reply to
Silvan

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:13:39 GMT, "David F. Eisan" brought forth from the murky depths:

Sorry to rile ya, Bones.

Talk to Phully about getting one of his famous Aussie Light Sticks(tm) the premiere photographic light stand made Down Unda.

Oh, _rub_it_in_, why doncha?

Folded or cast? LVT or Brusso?

- Web Database Development

Reply to